So I am just finishing up my Greece trip and I must share some tips!
Santorini was stunning as expected, but the real highlight for us was this gem of a place called Ios! The island is located only 45-minute ferry ride (7 Euro each way!) from Santorini and in my opinion is one of the most underrated of the Greek Islands!
We spent 3 days in Athens, 2 days in Santorini and 4 days in Ios! I put a lot of time and research into planning the trip and would love to share my recommendations for any ladies planning to go to Greece! 😍
Everyone told me 3 days was too long, but it was truly the perfect amount of time to really see the city. Some highlights were:
1. Athens Pub Crawl- the leader (Maria) is such a beautiful soul and makes sure everyone feels included and has fun all night! We met so many cool people this night and the pub crawl is only 10 Euro and includes a welcome shot at each bar!
2. Strofi Restaurant- great food and an even better Acropolis view. Make sure to reserve in advance. We e-mailed a week in advance and the rooftop was already booked up so we sat on a small private terrace which was also nice and intimate.
3. Davinci Gelato- who knew Greece had such perfect gelato. Wow wow wow!
4. Acropolis museum- this museum is stunning. The architecture alone is worth a visit!
5. Thission Cinema- Highlight of our time in Athens! An outdoor cinema with the Acropolis in the background! We had the chance to see Mama Mia 2 here and it was epic!
Wow! Seriously. Pictures don’t do this place justice. Highlights for us were:
1. The hike from Fira to Oia. We were staying in Oia so we did it from Oia to Fira and it took 3 hours. We also did it at 6 am right when we landed which I highly recommend because it wasn’t too hot and we got to watch the sunrise and there were soooo few people on our route!
2. Rent ATVs and explore! We made it to the red beach, black beach and a few wineries! Also, our lunch on the red beach at Cave of Nicholas was one of the best meals of the trip!
3. Ammoudi Bay Fish Tavern- this restaurant was so good! Their salad with sundried tomatoes and Parmesan was the best salad I’ve had ever! Also, perfect place to watch the sunset. It is a long/steep walk up and down from Oia so be prepared. PLEASE do not ride the donkeys! 🎣
4. Stay in Oia if you can. We explored the whole island and were so glad we had booked in Oia. 🤞
Ios was the highlight of our time in Greece. It’s the best mix of food, views, beaches and partying!
1. Sea breeze resort- I’ve stayed in hotels everywhere, but this one was by far my favorite. It’s family-owned and the owners, Chris and Annerie, are the sweetest couple I’ve ever met. They pick you up at the port (free of charge) and make you a homemade breakfast every day that they serve at the pool. They were so full of incredible recommendations for our trip and really made Ios special for us.
2. ATV- we had an ATV our whole time there. It was amazing for getting around all day and night! The beaches are incredible and scattered all over the island!
3. Partying- Far out beach club during the day is epic! DJs and wet t-shirt contests and all sorts of madness! Pathos sunset lounge at sunset is a must! The village at night is full of bars to bar hop around. It doesn’t get going until around midnight though and the bars are open and popping all night long. We especially loved: shots, orange bar, lost boys and circus!
4. Boat tour- this was awesome and only 35 euros! Half a day including seeing caves and a shipwreck and visiting an empty beach!